Sunday, June 19, 2011

Wish

Spent the day thinking about wishes. I wish on stars, wishbones and when I turn the hook of my necklace back to behind my neck. I wish my cup of coffee would be poured and on the counter ready when I get up - not having to justify that my cup of coffee is icky to my toddler while I convince him that his water is the best sh*t ever. I wish my ass was smaller and not the size of a small foreign car and that I didn't have to squeeze into jeans a size too small. I wish I could slap Sarah Palin. She's on tour right? It could happen. I wish I could slap that Weiner guy for wasting my time and everyone else's having to think about his penis.
I wish I didn't have to be painfully aware of my muffin top when I pull my keyboard out at work. I wish I could explain exactly why to my kids why life isn't fair. I wish I had more time in the day to write and paint. I wish that my family's clothes would automatically wash, dry and fold themselves. I wish I could get a date with my husband more often. I wish I could go back to when I was seven and it was my sister's and my birthdays - I don't remember what I wished for, but I wouldn't wish anything any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment