Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Epic Fail - Time Crunch!


"MOM I'M HUNGRY!!!!"
Do I ignore that or feed the kids? What to do, what to do?
As I paint, I think, where is the duct tape? No, I can't do that! I get up and make dinner. By the time I sat down back at my desk I'm too tired from all the boy drama, chores and running around to do a painting justice. But the Surly Sue in color - she turned out just like I imagined her. However, I'm cringing with fear at how we'll do at the craft fair this weekend. This is the first time I've done anything like this. I was looking through my work, deciding which ones I'm going to put out and realized how far I've come artistically the past 5 years. I have to say this one I'm very proud of this one. I had six more I wanted to paint but I simply did not have time. As an artist and mama, I find it hard to do both. Time seems to escape me more and more, but I'm having waves of paintings scramble through my head and not enough time to paint them. I want to do a good job and get those ideas on paper but where do I steal the time from? I don't want to epically fail at the craft show and I don't want to fail at being a mama either - AHHHH!!!
The time crunch is upon me! Do any of you artist/writers have that problem too? How do you handle it?

No comments:

Post a Comment